This is great for breakfast. It just needs some protein for a complete meal. An egg, not fried, or even a piece of grilled chicken would do. You could also make this for lunch, a side for dinner, or eat it for dessert!
Apple, Carrot, Raisin Salad
1 apple, chopped or cubed
1 carrot, grated
1 handful of raisins
1 dash of cinnamon
1 handful of walnuts
2 tbsp of flax seed
- Chop the apple (with peel), grate the carrot (with peel) and put in a bowl large enough for stirring. Toss in the raisins.
- Put the walnuts, flax seed, and cinnamon in a coffee grinder and grind for a few minutes. The oil from the walnuts and flax seed will make the mixture somewhat pasty. Dump it into the bowl.
- Stir and eat. It’s so yummy!
- Alternatively, you could chop the walnuts instead of grinding them. Make it how you like!
I got the basic recipe from The Paleo Diet book. I added the walnuts and flax seed.
- Study: A Handful of Walnuts a Day May Help Keep Stress Away (healthland.time.com)
- Top 5 Cancer-Fighting Foods (healthadel.com)
- Flaxseed Fights Cancer, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease (food-facts.suite101.com)