The resources listed below have helped me at one time or another since my diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis in March 2010. Resources with an emphasis on natural treatment, i.e. nutrition & lifestyle, are indicated in green.
Please share any resources for natural treatment that are not listed in the comments below.
- 7 Keys to Ultra Wellness, by Dr. Mark Harman
- Introduction: My Philosophy of UltraWellness
- Lesson 1: Environmental Inputs
- Lesson 2: Inflammation and Immune Balance
- Lesson 3: Hormones and Neurotransmitters
- Lesson 4: Gut & Digestive Health
- Lesson 5: Detoxification
- Lesson 6: Energy, Mitochondria & Oxidative Stress
- Lesson 7: The Mind/Body and Body/Mind Effect
- How to brand a disease — and sell a cure
Drug makers have mastered the art of branding medical conditions to sell cures.
- Starting Over
If you want to make lasting change in your life, practice starting over.
- Biochemical Alchemy
Personal and scientific relationships with foods, biochemistry and herbalism; Bethane is state registered with experience and education in both Nursing and Biochemistry, and as a Certified Herbalist and Certified Care Giver.
- Brass and Ivory: Life with Multiple Sclerosis and RA
Lisa’s discussions on health policy and big pharma are sprinkled with a little multiple sclerosis and music.
- Man on a MSion
MS from a man’s perspective: Living well with the Swank Diet.
- MS Blogging Community
MS Blogosphere and Online Community
- MS Diet for Women
Eating right for Multiple Sclerosis, the natural way to recovery.
- Peace Be With You
Judy writes haiku-style poems, allowing her to distill into very few words the MS experience.
- The Intelligent Person’s Guide to Beating Multiple Sclerosis
In 1991 Rebecca Hoover was in her late 30s (like me!) when she was diagnosed with MS and has not taken any drugs or steroids.
- Minding My Mitochondria 2nd Edition: How I overcame secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (MS) and got out of my wheelchair. by Terry L. Wahls
- Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery by George Jelinek
- The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book: Protect Yourself and Your Family from Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies – and More by Jessica Black
- The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book by Roy L. Swank
- The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Food You Were Designed to Eat by Loren Cordain
- Can Do Multiple Sclerosis
The power to be more than your MS. Register for webinars and sign up to attend seminars in your area.
- Moms with MS (you will need to register)
Moms with multiple sclerosis supporting each other.
- Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis (Jelinek’s site)
Committed to improving the lives of people with MS by providing the tools to enable recovery.
- PatientsLikeMe – MS Community
Joint to connect with other MS patients and access information on clinical trials. You can also track your health information, symptoms & progression and and generate a Doctor Visit Sheet for your next doctor’s visit.